Tuesday 27 January 2015

Easy Roti recipe

I love cooking or shall I say experimenting with recipes. Today I will be sharing a Roti recipe that was shared with me by my Mother in law.

Ingredients:
4 cups of flour (I use cake flour)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
hot water

Method:
Add flour and salt in mixing bowl
Add hot water  and kneed threw,
Add 1/4 cup oil and kneed into dough until mixing bowl is clean.
Cover with a clean cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Make small balls and roll

                           
Add flour, salt, mix in water and oil and kneed until mixing bowl is clean (Thanks to my Kenwood mixer the kneeing is done for me all I need to do is watch ) 
                                 
Flour the rolling surface, take the small balls of dough and roll it as thin as possible. If you don't get a perfect circle NO need to worry!!! IMPROVISE (make a plan, use what you have) I used a microwave lid and a pizza cutter to get my perfect round shape.
Put the roti leaf in a heated pan and fry for 10 seconds or until you see small bubbles appear then flip it over. When it start to puff, flip over again and remove from the pan and place it on a plate. Rub a little butter on the roti and fill with a filling of your choice.    TIP: Fold in the bottom of the roti while rolling it to prevent the filling from falling out.

God Bless
Just Granty

Mark 12:30-31  And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment.  And the second, like it, is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than  these.


No comments:

Post a Comment