Thursday 8 January 2015

Prayer by Madison and Levi


Madison (Madi) and Levi praying for breakfast but Levi keeps interrupting asking if he must pray. The clip is too funny, I'm glad I could grab my phone in time to capture it and share it with you.

Jill and I feel that it is important to teach our kids about Jesus from a young age. We had the same strategy with our older kids and we are continuing it with Madi and Levi (often referred to as the babies). So far they know that Jesus LOVES them... if we ask them "who loves you" their response always starts with "Jesus, mummy and daddy" and then the list will continue with members for our immediate and extended family and often includes their teaches and friends.

They also know that Jesus is a Healer. During the December holiday in Haarlem, at Gregory's party, Madi fell on hot coals and burnt her foot. It was a freak accident and happened in an instant. My aunty Janis, immediately did the necessary with the resources available to her (shes a nurse). I think my heart stopped for a brief moment and could see that whatever I was feeling Jill was felling 10 times more. I suppose mothers just handle things differently to fathers. They are after all the carers and comforters :-)
Madi was crying and visibly upset but when I handed Madi to my wife she started praying for her and telling Madi to repeat after her saying "Thank you Jesus for healing me and taking the burn away"
I can truly say that in a matter of minutes Madi was calmer and by the time we got back to my Mom's place she was playing with her brothers and enjoying all the attention.

Now when you ask Madi what happened to her foot she will tell you that she burnt but she's better because Jesus Healed her!

There are still many lessons we need to teach our kids, but for now I think we are on the right track and I thank God for a wife that has the same morals and values that I do.

God Bless

Just Granty

Colossians 3:12-14: Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness and patience,bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

















No comments:

Post a Comment