Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Birds and the Bees

                                                         

Talking about the "Birds and the Bees" should be done on a much earlier age then what I thought it should be done as I experienced this holiday.

My 14 year old son Algrano admitted to having a girlfriend, and to make it worse she asked him to be her boyfriend, or so he say. OH my word! My heart dropped to my stomach. He can be glad he wasn't admitted to hospital. As a Daddy I knew that I had to prepare for talking about the 'birds and the bees" and about girlfriends and boyfriends but not at 14 years of age. Or am I being old fashion comparing our growing up  years with the growing up of he kids of today with all the gadgets and technology. When I was 14 I didn't even like girls, it was much more fun playing with friends, climbing mountain, flying kites, stealing fresh peas from the farmers crops (when being naughty). No smart phones or tablets and all this gadgets.

So there I was sitting unprepared to talk about the bird and the bees but luckily I had my wife by my side. She is the more outspoken one. And together we managed to get the message across to Algrano about how to treat a girl ( I want him to treat a girl like I treat my wife), the consequences about experimenting with sex, sexual transmitted diseases and how important it is to focus and his education. There will be more then enough time for girlfriends once he has completed his education.

Answering kids' question about sex is one of the responsibilities many parents dread most. Otherwise confident parents often feel tongue-tied and awkward when it comes to talking about puberty  and where babies come from. But the subject should not be avoided.  

 Link to questions and answers about sex  www.kidshealth.org/parent/positive/talk/questions_sex.html

God Bless

Just Granty

Matthew 19:14-15 but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." And he laid his hands on them and went away.
















  

No comments:

Post a Comment