Monday 19 January 2015

First DIY for the YEAR 2015

Why do we take out content insurance?
I thought it was to repair broken or defective appliances, or replace it if stolen. Because for the premium we are paying, they should replace any appliance just because its older then 1 year, broken or not. To my surprise they don't cover wear and tear.  
So I just told the insurance company exactly what I think of them and got a new insurer.

That brings me to my first DIY task for the year of 2015.
PROBLEM: Drain pump of the washing machine packed up. The insurance don't wanna cover and the cost for them to get someone to fix it would cost us round about R1100.

So I did some calling around for the defective part and got it for ONLY R435. (Wow!!!  they would have charged me R665 for labor.). Thanks to my Dad for teaching me all the skills that I know now. (R.I.P Daddy.  I miss you so much). I know I can do it myself.

SOLUTION: Bought the part and did it myself.

This is how I did it.
With the help of my wife we moved it outside. TIP: Placing any heavy object/appliance on a old blanket makes moving it a breeze. And it prevent scratches on floors. especially if you have wooden floors.
                 

                   
Flip it forward and remove the silver cover at the back covering the drain pump

        
                 

     
Remove the defective part

                             
Defective part removed
Now that was the easy part. Removing parts is always the easiest of any project or task. The problem starts with putting it back together. There always seems to be more screws or nuts and bolts when the assembling is done.

                                       
New drain pump perfectly in position. all wires and pipes connected

                             
Putting back the back covers. No leftover screws. YEAH!! 

                                                 
Complete: Like brand new
I DID IT! I DID IT! YEAH!!!!!.  Washing machine in perfect working condition. Less then an hours work and a saving of R665

Looking forward to my next DIY project. Grantys Handyman services will be up running very soon. 

God Bless 
Just Granty

Acts 11: 23-24 When he arrived and saw what the grace of  God had done, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.



         













                                         

   

No comments:

Post a Comment