Sunday 1 November 2015

DIY 6 year Anniversary gift

On the 31st of  October 2015 Jill and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary, Wow!!! time really flies when you are spending time with your soulmate. I pray that God will bless us with 66 more years to come. 

And there I was thinking about what to get my gorgeous wife for our anniversary. I went to my friend Google to hear what his suggestions would be for a 6th anniversary and he told me that a traditional gift would be candy or iron and modern would be wood. Knowing how much Jill loves little gifts and things that are handmade and appreciate it when I take the time out of my busy schedule to make her something small. It's worth much more than any expensive gift. I decided to make her a small wooden box with a chocolate for each year. 

Bought some chocolates..(check), get some wood..(check) and some nails for iron..(check) to assemble the wooden box. Both traditional and modern gifts in one (this is a Just Granty gift). This DIY project didnt come without challanges. It gets really hard to make surprise gifts for your wife ones you married because you stay in the same house. When you are dating it easy because you stay in seperated houses, but once you married its more difficult. 

While Algrano and I were busy making the wooden box, Jill came home from work and ask "What are you busy with"? I had no no option but to lie and told her I am helping our son with a school project, because I wanted it to be a surprie for my Queen.

So this is how the DIY anniversary gift took shape. 

Cut the wood to size

Assemble the inner box and the lid

Wooden box complete

Print a picture for the lid of the box

Add the chocolates to the box

Cover the chocolate with confetti and a love message from my heart

The final product

God Bless 
Just Granty

Proverbs 15:33  The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, And therefore honor is humility. 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you my angel... I love my gift! You are simply AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete