Monday 2 February 2015

My Love Triangle


We’ll there’s less than two weeks left until Valentine’s Day. It will be my 7th Valentine’s Day with my wife.  I’m looking forward to it because we going to renew of wedding vows. (I’m really excited. I feel like a kid counting down the days to my birthday)

Without any doubt she is the better half of our marriage; more patient, more selfless and more giving.  In reflecting this time of the year when romantic love is celebrated, I thought I’d share my understanding of how our Saviour strengthens our marriage.

So often I hear couples saying that “I live for my children”.  I personally don’t agree with this statement.  I feel it should be, you live for God, you live for your spouse and then you live for your children.  We need to love God first because He first loved us and He still loves us unconditionally.

The triangle (in the picture above) shows our marriage covenant and relationship to Christ.  While the covenant is intended to bind together a husband and wife eternally, the direction of the arrow from both the husband and the wife go to our Saviour Jesus Christ.  As we get nearer to Him, so we also grow closer together as husband and wife. As husband and wife we should work together to become one with our Saviour, so that we can become one with each other.

So as another Valentine’s Day draws near, I hope that together my wife and I are nearer to our Saviour; and that our journey towards Him will strengthen our marriage and this bond will continue throughout eternity.

God Bless
Just Granty


Genesis 2:18 Then the Lord God said, “It’s not good that the man should be alone, I will make him a helper fit for him”

No comments:

Post a Comment