Thursday 12 February 2015

Trapped in the bathroom

So here I am minding my own business in the bathroom and upon my time of exit the key decided that it had enough of the abuse (locking and unlocking) and it snapped. Here I'm standing in the bathroom with no way out. The window is fitted with burglar bars and no spare key to open the door (please wipe that smile off your faces). Luckily we have a nanny, if we didnt I would only have one option "break down the door".

So now I had to tap into my McGuyver skills. Got the nanny to pass me a pliers threw the bathroom window after she stopped laughing at me for being trapped in the bathroom. Clamping the rest of the key thats left in the door with the pliers I managed to get the door open.

Solution to a situation like this:

  • Keep the folowing in the medicine cupboard or somewhere in the bathroom
  • Spare key
  • Pliers 
Here's some pictures of the traumatic event

Broken key in the door
Using a pliers to open the door
 
God Bless
Just Granty

James 4:11  Do not speak evil against one another, brothers.  The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law.  But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.








1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this post for sure. We have really old doors in the house, and I love using the skeleton key to open them. The problem I had was the same as you, the key snapped off and we had to pull it out carefully. Luckily we have plenty of spare keys and the key didn't do any damage.

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete