Monday 30 March 2015

Stop and find Love and Happiness

 


It’s been an intensive few weeks for Jill and I.

There’s my personal endeavor to write for my blog every day. There’s my project to raise enough funds to take ten young men to the Karoo Mighty Men Conference. There’s all the DIY projects I want to finish around the house. Then there’s just life, like eating and sleeping....Oh and how can I forget all the doctor and hospital visits, enough to last us till next year.

Jill and I talk a lot about how overwhelming life can get. So we’re trying to figure out
ways to just lighten up. Take breaks! Enjoy life! Go out to a decent restaurant. Go on
a road trip. Get out with friends/family (besides the kids). Take a walk. Have a date night once a week. Watch a movie. Hang out with our amazing kids.

No matter how serious and important the projects we are involved in are, we have to
take care of ourselves or we might become morbid, sad, exhausted, lonely, grumpy and
resentful people who no longer enjoy the life we’re trying to enrich for ourselves and
others. We can become so burdened with the intensity of our missions that we become
as enslaved as those we’re trying to free.

I’ve discovered something like a miracle; when I am forced (like by Jill) or I force
myself to take a break and find love and happiness, my important projects will still be
there waiting for me when I get back!

God Bless
Just Granty

1 John 4:9  In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment